First, the “heart” of the product:
Our kantha head wraps are so much more than a head wrap. By the creation of these beautiful one-of-a-kind items, the makers are now employed in work that brings dignity and livelihood and a brighter future. It is providing the women a fair wage, support, childcare, and ongoing education. Often these women were victims of trafficking and were at risk of, or are leaving, sex work.
Now, the “details” of the product:
- Kantha head wraps are two layers of vintage saris, carefully hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch. Read more about “kantha” here.
- All head wraps are made of 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth.
- Head wraps are approximately 42 X 2 ½ inches (107 X 6.5 cm).
- Center knot is sewn into the wrap as part of the design.
- The Bohemian Collective sources all kantha products through “Basha”. Read more about Basha and their mission here.